Email Marketing, Email Marketing Campaigns, Email Advertising, Permission Marketing, Web Site Promotion and more...
After getting some good quality links in place... What additional marketing can be performed to jump start my web business?
- Some marketing services are considered more active while others are more passive. Links are examples of passive advertising while emailing is considered more active advertising. Email messages sent to approved opt-in email databases are acceptable forms of advertising. Emailing to just any email address that you can get your hands on is considered SPAMMING and is NOT ACCEPTABLE and not advised.
- Email marketing ad campaigns can be highly successful or a gut-wrenching failure or anywhere in between. The difference lies in many important factors that cannot be ignored. First and foremost it is important to recognize the primary function of an email ad campaign. That primary function is to get someone to click thru to your web site. It is not to actually sell anything in the email! This is a very important distinction in moving toward email marketing success.
- Email marketing messages need to be very clear and have an attention getting subject line in them. After a really great, clear, attention getting subject line the next most important part of your email message are the first two sentences. They must grab the reader and entice them to want to know more... otherwise you are done... and the readers have hit the delete button already. You have basically 10 seconds to get someones attention and to get them to click thru to your web site.
- Some people like to send html style emails and some people prefer basic test emails. It is our professional opinion that text emails, if done carefully are the better option. Here's why: Html emails are usually seen as an advertisement and therefore many peoples email spam filters will single out the email message and send it to their junk mail box and they will not get seen as readily - if it is seen at all. Secondly, not all email readers will view an email message the same way. There can be a dramatically different look of the same email message inside Microsoft Outlook vs inside Eudora or another look all toghether in Yahoo email readers. In most cases the looks will vary and you wil not like how they actually look to those people. Text emails are a lot more reliable. Focus on the words and content not the emails cuteness. With that said, light html emails have proven to be successful if they are done carefully with good subject lines and content.
- There are different kinds of email lists ... if you are doing the emailing yourself you need to make sure that the people on your list have opt-in to that list and desire to receive emails from you. If people have not opt-in to the list then DO NOT SEND email to them! You will only get in trouble and possibly have your web site shut down and more. If you are paying someone else to send emails for you, make sure the lists are optin and permission based emial lists. That way you are covered and safe from spamming issues, these are part of those possible gut-wrenching failures we mentoned earlier.
- Another important thing to be aware of in email marketing ad campaigns are whether the lists are targeted to your subject matter. If you wrote the best email message possible along with a great subject line it will do not do you any good to get it successfully delivered to people that are doctors when you are trying to reach people looking for some home business opportunity.
- The next important factor to know is that successful advertising relies on repetition. In many cases it takes on average 6 - 7 times to make an impression on someone to get them to buy something. Hence the reason why you keep seeing those ads for Coca-Cola after all this time. Repetition is key. Don't plan on doing one email ad campaign and expecting the earth to shake open with customers for you. That is very rare indeed. Expect some visitors and activity and hopefully some good sales if you have your sales pitch on your web site fine tuned to perfection. Learn from your activities and improve and evolve your email message, your web site sales pitch and your ad campaigns each time you do another new email ad campaign.
Ways you can you use email advertising and email marketing safely for your business...
Targeted Email Marketing Service - We feature over 75 databases of opt-in permission based email addresses of individuals and businesses that want to hear about products and services & web sites related to specific categories of interest. This service is cost effectively priced where we will safely email your exclusive message to a quality targeted opt-in email database without you having any worry about spamming or offending anyone.
Our Targeted Opt-in Emailing service will distribute your stand alone email message to 1 million or more targeted people. We have over 75 categories of targeting available for you to reach. This email marketing option is scaleable advertising that can grow as your business grows. Send 1 million exclusive stand alone email messages today then come back and do 3 million more next week etc. All of our lists are double opt-in permission based lists that are 100% spam free.