Get MORE Facebook Fans & Likes
Internet marketing, which is also called online marketing, web marketing, e marketing, and webvertising, is the marketing of products/services over the World Wide Web. It also includes marketing done through wireless media, ECRM (customer relationship management) systems, digital customer data systems, and electronic mail.
There are several Internet marketing techniques. All online marketing techniques fall under one-to-one approach, appeal to a specific interest, or niche marketing. Try as many marketing techniques as possible to ensure you reach as many people as possible. The most effective Internet marketing techniques include:
1) Display advertising: This is the use of banners ads or Web banners on 3rd party sites or blogs. The banners carry promotional material, mostly encouraging product awareness. Clicking on the ad leads the Web surfer to your company’s website.
2) Search engine marketing: Search engine marketing or SEM involves the marketing of a website for increased visibility in SERPs (search engine result pages). This is done through paid placement, paid inclusion, and contextual advertising. The most popular paid placement SMM technique is PPC (pay-per-click) advertising where you place an ad in another website and only pay when somebody clicks on the ad. The most popular contextual advertising methods are PR distribution and article submission.
3) Search engine optimization: Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the most effective Internet marketing techniques. It is all about the optimization of a specific Web page in a website for search engines with the aim of increasing its ranking in SERPs (search engine results pages). A high ranking is desirable because it leads to greater visibility and consequently more hits.
4) Social media marketing: Social media marketing (SMM) is Internet marketing through social media sites such as social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook, blogs, wikis, and video sharing sites like YouTube.
5) Email marketing: This is the Internet marketing of a product/service, brand, or business through electronic mail. You send emails to a mailing list that you create over time.
6) Referral marketing: This is the use of referrals through word of mouth, mostly done to promote a new product/service to customers.
7) Affiliate marketing: This involves the use of affiliates to market your product/service on your behalf. The affiliates get a commission for each product/service sold.
8) Inbound marketing: This involves the creation and the free sharing of content to convert customers to repeat customers and prospects into customers. You will have an inbound link leading to your website in the content.
9) Mobile marketing: This type of Internet marketing refers to all the advertising techniques made for mobile devices.