Get MORE Facebook Fans & Likes
Once you’ve built your email marketing list, it’s time to put it to work in order to increase your sales and drive more traffic to your website. One of the best ways to do this is to send out a monthly e-newsletter. This keeps your company name front and center, and can help promote specific products or services. Here are five tips to get started:
1. Make a commitment. The effectiveness of e-newsletters has a cumulative effect, so make a commitment to doing one e-newsletter per month for a year, and send it out within the same three-day window each month.
2. Keep it specific. There’s always a temptation to include every bit of information in every e-newsletter. As an Internet marketing tool, e-newsletters are much more effective if they cover a single topic and are geared toward a specific audience. Remember, you’ll be writing one a month, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to cover other topics.
3. Maintain your customer’s perspective. Ask yourself if you would stop what you’re doing and take the time to read your e-newsletter. When you provide valuable content, your recipient won’t opt out and will begin looking forward to receiving your newsletters.
4. Make it personal. Avoid a dry, detached tone and instead make your e-newsletter friendly and personal. Give a behind-the-scenes glance at what’s going on, or tell the backstory of a particular product. Keep it conversational and you’ll have a winning newsletter.
5. Watch the humor. What may seem hysterical to you and your inner circle may be deeply offensive to someone who doesn’t know you. Generally speaking, humor doesn’t belong in a newsletter.