Make Your Own Concrete Bricks, Tiles, and Stone Pavers
Have you ever looked with admiration at manufactured stone and wondered if you could make something similar? Well, you definitely can. Concrete stone pavers, bricks, and tiles are as simple to make as they are beautiful to look at. In fact, it's even easier than baking a cake because you don't need an oven!
2. Mix a bag of pre-mix concrete according to the directions on the bag. You will need a shovel, water, and a bucket.
3. If you want to add color to your concrete, do it now. If you want plain, gray stone no color is needed. You can buy concrete coloring where you buy your molds.
4. Pour the concrete into the molds. Vibrate and bounce the molds a little to level the concrete and release any air bubbles.
5. Cover the molds with plastic and let them sit for a day or so undisturbed on a level surface. Overnight is usually enough.
6. Flip the molds over and release your stones, pavers, or whatever you are making out of the molds.
7. Cover your tiles with a sheet of plastic and let them cure for a few days.
8. After your stone is cured, you can choose from a variety of sealers for a glazed look or other decorative finish.
Whether you are a professional builder, remodeler, contractor, stonemason, or gardener or just an everyday homeowner or crafts person, you can make unique and sturdy stone pavers and other manufactured stone products. It is so easy to do; anyone can do it without special skills or tools.
Concrete tile and stone pavers have a life expectancy of over 100 years. They will hold up even in extremely cold climates. You can choose from over 200 different sizes and styles of concrete molds for your stones, pavers, and tiles.
The interest in custom made manufactured stone, brick, pavers, and tile is exploding in this country. The uses are going beyond the traditional. Now, homeowners use manufactured stone products both indoors and outdoors. They use them in outdoor kitchens, around pools, and for garden paths and fountains. Nowadays, many homeowners prefer manufactured stone for fireplaces, floors, patios, walls, and countertops. Look around and you will see more and more concrete paver driveways and paver patios laid in compacted sand.
With a broad and diverse choice of colors, styles, and finishes, it is no wonder the demand is high for these inexpensive, durable, and easy-to-manufacture products. Whether you want moss-colored bricks, pink stepping-stones, or glazed pavers, you will find all the supplies and instructions you need online. The demand is so great for high quality, locally made concrete stone, that you may even decide to make a business of it!
To learn more about subjects like stone pavers please visit the web site at: http://www.majon.com/articles/home-improvement/index.html
For more information and informative related articles and links about this subject matter and content, please visit Majon's Garden | Landscaping | Patios directory: http://www.majon.com/directory/garden-landscaping-patios.
About the Author
+Chris Robertson is a published author of Majon International. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2014 (Sun Aug 16 2009) Majon International. Majon International is one of the worlds MOST popular internet marketing and internet advertising companies on the web. Visit their main business resource internet marketing web site at: http://www.majon.com